At JTM Construction, the role of the Project Manager is to provide oversight and management for Special Projects ranging in value from $400,000 to $20,000,000. The Project Manager is the primary point of contact for the project and is responsible for the financial success of the project; managing all aspects of the project from estimating through project closeout.
For this position, the SPG Project Manager should have experience with Life Science or Biotechnology and working in Critical/Clean and Occupied Environments. The individual must be professional and self-motivated with strong oral and written communication skills, dependable, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
This position requires travel in the greater Seattle area, depending on the project needs.
Required Expertise / Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, Engineering, or Architecture
- Minimum of 5 years of life sciences/biotechnology experience in the Puget Sound region.
- General Knowledge of all Scopes of Work associated with Tenant Improvements, Interior Renovation and Repurposing Projects
- General Knowledge of working in critical/clean environments as well as occupied environments
Project Manager Responsibilities
- Act as Primary Point of Contact for Owner/Clients, responsible for discussing all matters pertaining to the project including Scope of Work, Budget, and Schedules.
- Facilitates the preparation of Owner/Client Contracts.
- Prepares & Negotiates all Subcontracts for the project.
- Lead Project Estimates from Concept through the establishment of the GMP.
- Manage/Oversee Construction Administration of the Project in accordance with the Contract.
- Ensure Project Notice Requirements are being met.
- Oversee Project Procurement and ensure alignment with the Project Schedule.
- Manage & Implement Change Order Process with both the Client & Subcontractors.
- Create Monthly Project Forecast for review with the Officer in Charge.
- Oversee Monthly Payment Application process and ensure timely payment.
- Track & Review Quantities for Self-Performed Labor Scopes of Work.
- Oversee, Train and Mentor Project Engineers assigned to the Project.
- Create and assign Project Responsibilities. Hold team members accountable.
- Work with Project Superintendent to regularly update the Project Schedule.
- Collaborate with Project Design team to mitigate design challenges.
Project Manager Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of P6, Vista, Autodesk, PlanGrid, and BlueBeam preferred
- Leadership skills with a willingness to lead by example
- Valid Washington State Driver’s license with ability to provide proof of a clean driving record
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background check