At JTM Construction, the role of SPG Superintendent is to manage the daily operations of the construction site for Special Projects ranging in value from $400,000 to $20,000,000.
For this position, the SPG Superintendent should have experience with Life Science or Biotechnology and working in Critical/Clean and Occupied Environments. The individual must be professional and self-motivated with strong oral and written communication skills, dependable, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
This position requires travel in the greater Seattle area, depending on the project needs.
SPG Superintendent Required Expertise/Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working for a Commercial General Contractor
- General Knowledge of working in Critical/Clean Environments as well as Occupied Environments
- General Knowledge of all Scopes of Work associated with Tenant Improvements, Interior Renovation and Repurposing Projects
SPG Superintendent Responsibilities
- Directs day-to-day coordination of all major construction activities to meet or exceed timelines
- Create and update Project Schedules in P6
- Produce Daily logs encompassing total jobsite manpower, major activities performed onsite, impacts to progress and cause, and photo documentation
- Reviews and ensures subcontractors’ daily field reports
- Works with the Project Manager to develop, track, and manage self-performed work activities
- Meet the varying safety and compliance regulations of each job location in inspecting sites for cleanliness and safety as well as coordinating site testing and inspection efforts
- Enforce a project material delivery schedule
- Manages the Employment and Termination for all JTM working tradespeople on site
- Works with JTM’s Safety Team to establish a unique jobsite specific safety plan that addresses the multiple phases of the project and all construction activities to ensures all major construction activities are compliant with JTM’s High Risk Exposure Operations Safety Policy.
- Establish multi-phased site logistic plans, weather protection plans, and temporary heat and air movement plans.
- Actively participates in RFP responses in creating preliminary site logistic plans and schedules and maintaining relationships with existing, previous, and future clients
SPG Superintendent Qualifications & Skills
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creativity and the ability to innovate
- Knowledge of P6, Vista, Autodesk, PlanGrid, and BlueBeam preferred
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Leadership skills with a willingness to lead by example
- Valid Washington State Driver’s license with ability to provide proof of a clean driving record
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background check